When you are looking at different countertop choices, you’re going to find a wide variety that you can choose from based on your budget and lifestyle. A lot of people choose granite because it’s durable and lasting and visually stunning. Even though granite is very common, there are a lot of other choices that are popular when you’re looking for a counter top.
- Laminate: When you think of laminate chances are that you’re thinking of the Formica countertops of the past. But there are a lot of other choices these days when you want a laminate countertop. The price for this type of counter is going to be anywhere from $3,000 to $4,000 based on the quality and size of the laminate.
- Marble: Marble is a classic choice when it comes to a high-end countertop. But it’s very porous and it etches and stains easily. This makes it hard to swallow when you have spent a lot of money to buy it and have it put in. The price for this type of countertop is $4,000 to $7,000 based on size and quality.
- Quartz: Caesarstone or Silestone (https://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/cabinets-and-countertops/silestone-countertops-installation-cost/) which are two brand names that many associate with quartz and these are great alternatives to granite and marble. Even though quartz is expensive, it won’t require constant maintenance or sealing like other materials. The cost is from $5,900 to $14,000 based on quality and size.
- Butcher block: When it comes to value, this is a great choice. Even though you have to do upkeep with this countertop type (you have to oil it twice per year), the ratio of price-to-impact will make it very attractive to a lot of homeowners. The price is from $1,700 to $3,100 based on quality and size
- Solid Surface: This may seem like a great choice when you’re looking for a countertop. Unfortunately, those who have chosen solid surface countertops have found that they are a problem because they can get scratched. This countertop will run from $2,200 to $5,000 based on quality and size.
- Stainless Steel: This is a great choice if you’re looking for something sleek or you love to cook. Even though it’s practically indestructible (acidic liquids, wine and beets aren’t a match) it’s hard to avoid smears and scratches. If you have little ones, small crumbs and finger prints show up immediately. The price for this countertop is $2,000 to $7,000 based on quality and size.
- Granite: This type of countertop is still very popular for many reasons. First, it will look wonderful. It also doesn’t require a lot of upkeep. When it’s compared with other types of natural stone, such as soapstone, quartz and slate, it has a reasonable cost. Even though the popularity of granite has been slightly waning, a lot of homeowners still turn to it when they are choosing their countertop type.
When you are choosing your countertop, you want to think about two things – your budget and your lifestyle. If you have a very busy lifestyle and you think that you want something that will hold up well to stains, stainless steel is a good choice. If you’re looking for something elegant, marble is a good choice. It all depends on what you need.
Remodeling Contractors in Naples
We are a family-operated remodeling company with over 20 years of experience in kitchen, bathroom and flooring remodels for homes, townhouses, apartments and condos in Naples, Bonita Springs and Marco Island. We handle both residential and commercial remodeling projects. Contact us today for a free design consultation at 239-435-6677.